This training on Measuring & Reporting Descriptive Panel Performance first introduces numerical indicators designed to capture the desirable attributes of descriptive data collected by a trained sensory panel (agreement, repeatability and discrimination power). A suite of statistical tools and visual aids are used to depict and quantify the performance of the panel.
Real-life case studies are used to illustrate the principles of the statistical tools and the insights that may be extracted from the data.
- Definition of Performance Measurement Criteria
- Graphical Exploratory Tools & Descriptive Statistics
- Use of ANOVA to Measure Panel Performance
- Use of the Principal Component Analysis (PCA) to Visually Assess Performance
- Case Studies
- To know which criteria are used to assess panel performance
- To know which statistical tools are relevant for measuring the criteria
- To understand how to appropriately prepare and format the data for each analysis
- Conduct a sensory panel performance study
- To read and interpret numeric and graphical software output
- To report and communicate the results of the analyses
- Take appropriate action to correct any problems detected
Recommended Duration: 1 day(s)